During the long weekend of 1 May, the 11th edition of Antwerpen Proeft takes place at the Waagnatie. It’s one of Belgium’s biggest culinary events so don’t miss it when you’re around!
Michelin-star chefs, awarded restaurants, famous chefs and unique food trucks will be offering a selection of their signature dishes from 28 April to 1 May. There will also be various cooking demonstrations and culinary workshops, as well as a mini book fair with a.o. ‘health guru’ Sandra Bekkari.
In short, Antwerpen Proeft is the place to be to taste, see and experience!
Chefs & restaurants
Here’s a selection of the chefs and restaurants that will treat your taste buds during Antwerpen Proeft:
- 5 Flavors Mmei: Asian Restaurant of the Year 2017
- The Jane: world-famous gastronomy
- Black Smoke: barbecue restaurant
- Kaasaffineurs Van Tricht: years of experience in specialty cheeses
- Graanmarkt 13 by ‘vegetable chef’ Seppe Nobels
- Würst: ‘haute dogs’ by Jeroen Meus
- Divin by Sepi: mediterranean winebar of Sepideh Sedaghatnia
- Umamido: noodles heaven, check our restaurant tip!
- Balls & Glory: handcrafted meatballs by Wim Ballieu
Antwerpen Proeft: a family event
Antwerpen Proeft is an event for the entire family. Children from 7 to 12 years can attend cooking classes and workshops organized by main sponsor AEG. Kids under 6 years old can go play in one of the many toy kitchens at the childcare facility while their parents are exploring Antwerpen Proeft. Child-proof dishes are clearly labeled. And best of all: access to Antwerpen Proef is free for all kids up to 15 years!
- Address: Waagnatie, Rijnkaai 150, 2000 Antwerpen
- Opening hours:
- Friday 28/04: food & drinks 16u00-22u00, outside bar 16u00-24u00
- Saturday 29/04: food & drinks 12u00-22u00, outside bar 12u00-24u00
- Sunday 30/04: food & drinks 12u00-22u00, outside bar 12u00-24u00
- Monday 01/05: food & drinks 12u00-20u00, outside bar 12u00-20u00
- 7 €/day, 13 €/4 days
- All kids up to 15 years: free entrance
- Buy tickets online
- More information on the website (only in Dutch) and the Facebook page of Antwerpen Proeft