Fast food nowadays no longer equals unhealthy and tasteless crap. There are many refined burger bars (De Burgerij, Ellis Gourmet Burger, Burgers & Booze,…) and hotdogs have been upgraded to “haute dogs” (e.g. Würst, soon in Antwerp as well). Fish is gaining more and more popularity as fast food as well. Antwerp has three very powerful fast fish concepts that you definitely need to give a try. Check them out…
- What: the regular “fish & chips” upgraded to a much higher level. Very surprising taste combinations accompanied by genuine Belgian beers. All the fish is caught in a 100% sustainable way, in close cooperation with The North Sea Chefs.
- Address: Maalderijstraat 1, Antwerp
- More information: on the Facebook page or www.biamara.com
- What: Antwerp’s very first lobster bar. “Savage” refers to the “wild way” to eat your lobster in this place: with your hands! Lobster rolls, brunch with lobster benedict, a Bloody Savage cocktail: we really love this fast fish concept!
- Address: Kaasstraat 3-5, 2000 Antwerpen
- More information: on the Facebook page or www.savagedining.com
- What: cosy oyster food truck of chef Philippe Hawinkel from the well-known Antwerp restaurants Plateau Royal and Vrijdag Visdag. Here you can eat the most delicious oysters with a good glass of cava, wine or champagne. Heaven!
- Where & when:
- Every Saturday noon at Theaterplein,2000 Antwerpen
- Every Sunday afternoon at Seafood Sundays, Jordaenskaai 27, 2000 Antwerpen
- More information: on the Facebook page and www.oesterkraam.be
Do you know any other nice (fast) fish restaurants in Antwerp? Let us know!
Source: Weekend Knack