Welcome to the Crowne Plaza Antwerpen website
Crowne Plaza Antwerp makes every effort to respect your privacy when processing your personal data, in line with the provisions of the European Data Protection Act, which is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It is possible to access, modify or delete your personal data at any time.
Recording of personal data
- Data you provide us with
- When making a reservation
- Contests and promotions
For contests and promotions, we only collect the following data:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Date of birth
The collected data are used solely for communicating about the contest in question. Participants are also given the option to indicate whether they wish to subscribe to the newsletter, and whether they wish to be kept informed of future contests and promotions. If they give their consent, their data will be included in a database that we use to send emails to.
Certain data are collected via cookies: see below for our cookie statement. Certain data can also be collected without being stored in cookies. They are only accessible to the digital team of Crowne Plaza Antwerp and only during your visit to the website. These are the data we are talking about:
1) The TCP/IP address.
2) the type and version of your navigation device
3) the most recent Internet page visited.
Use of data
- General purposes
Your data are collected via IHG’s reservation system when making a booking and are therefore not captured by the website www.cpantwerpen.be.
When you consent to subscribe to our newsletter, or to be kept informed of our contests and promotions, we will only use your email address to send emails to you. If you no longer wish to receive these mailings, you can unsubscribe by clicking on "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the email or by contacting us.
In addition, after having made the data anonymous, your personal data will be collected to compile statistics or to carry out surveys regarding the number of visits of the different parts of the website.
- Notification to third parties
Your personal data will be kept strictly confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties or used for purposes of direct marketing, unless Crowne Plaza Antwerpen has obtained your explicit prior consent by means of opt-in. This consent can be withdrawn at any time, without justification, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duration of storing the data
In case of contests, the data collected will be used solely for communicating about the contest in question. Participants are also given the option to indicate whether they wish to subscribe to the newsletter, and whether they wish to be kept informed of future contests and promotions.
The data are only kept in the context of newsletters, contests and promotions, so there is no specific duration applicable.
Access and adjustment of data
You can always view your data and, if necessary, have it adjusted or deleted. You can contact us in the following ways:
- By telephone: On working days between 09.00 AM en 05.00 PM via +32 3 259 75 00
- By email: email@example.com
- By post: Crowne Plaza Antwerpen, Gerard Le Grellelaan 10, B-2020 Antwerp
It is your right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons. This can be done by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are only intended to optimise our website. They will never keep records that allow us to identify visitors. Their only function is for us to gain more insight into the interests of our users and the effectiveness of the different parts of our website.
- What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are installed on your computer, smartphone or tablet when you visit a website or use an application. Different types of cookies allow you to be recognised for different purposes, for example by storing your choice of language. As a result, you do need to select your language every time you visit, and we can make your visit to our websites more enjoyable. Other cookies are anonymous and collect information on how a website or app is used by visitors.
When we talk about "cookies" on this page, we mean both cookies and similar techniques.
- Types of cookies
Different types of cookies can be distinguished, depending on their origin, their function and their lifespan. Below you will find an overview:
- Necessary cookies are required for the operation of our websites and applications.
- First-party cookies are cookies that are installed by a website, at the time of the user’s visit (e.g. Cookies installed by Crowne Plaza Antwerpen)
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are installed by a domain name, other than that of the website visited by the user. When a user visits a website and a third party, for example Google, Twitter or Facebook, installs a cookie via that website, it is a third-party cookie.
- Functionality cookies are cookies that are responsible for the optimal functioning of the website (e.g. cookies for login or registration, language preferences, etc.). Functional cookies fall into the category of first-party cookies.
- Non-functional cookies may fall under first-party as well as third-party cookies. They do not play any role in the technical support of the website, but are used for 4 different reasons: for statistical, social, targeting or commercial purposes.
- Cookies for statistical purposes make it possible to check which pages of the website you are visiting, in which location your computer is located, etc.
- Cookies for social purposes allow the user to share the content of the visited website directly with others via social media.
- Cookies for targeting allow the creating of a profile of you, based on your browsing behaviour. This profile ensures that the shown advertisements can be tailored to your interests.
- Cookies for commercial purposes keep track of how many and which advertisements are shown to a user.
- Persistent cookies remain on the user’s device for the duration determined in the cookie. Each time the user visits the website that has placed this cookie (e.g. cookies placed by social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Google Analytics, etc.), the cookie is activated. Most non-functional cookies are persistent cookies.
- Session cookies simplify a user’s actions and link them together during a browser session. A browser session starts when the browser screen is opened. The session does not end until the browser screen is closed by the user. Afterwards, all session cookies are also deleted. They don’t remain on your device permanently, but are temporary. Most functionality cookies are session cookies.
You will find a list of all the specific cookies that Crowne Plaza Antwerpen uses in point 7.
Temporary cookies are only stored in your browser or app for a certain period and are automatically deleted when you close your browser or application.
Persistent cookies on the other hand remain on your computer, tablet or smartphone, even after you close the browser or application. These cookies can recognize you as a user during subsequent visits to the website. They only disappear from your device when their expiration date is reached, a new version of the cookie is installed, or you delete them manually.
When Crowne Plaza Antwerpen uses third-party cookies (please refer to point 2), we ensure that third parties cannot identify you based on your data stored in those cookies.
- Accepting or rejecting third-party cookies
- Do not track
In certain browsers you can choose not to be followed by websites (“Do not follow” or “Do not track”). Crowne Plaza Antwerpen only takes its own cookie mechanism into account and does not support "Do not track".
- Accepting, refusing or deleting all cookies
You can refuse the installation of cookies via your browser settings. You can also remove all installed cookies from your computer or mobile device at any time. The method for refusing cookies in the most common browsers can be found on the following website: http://www.aboutcookies.org.
In the list below, you can see which cookies Crowne Plaza Antwerpen uses, who installs and manages them, their lifespan and purpose.
- Necessary cookies
Legislation permits Crowne Plaza Antwerpen to continue using necessary cookies (please refer to point 2) without your permission. Withdrawing your cookie preference does not have any impact on these cookies.
Necessary cookies are used for:
- The correct functioning of the website at server level
- The correct functioning of the cookie choice
- Enhanced performance and error detection
- Saving settings and preferences
- Analysis cookies
Purpose: Google Universal Analytics is an analytical tool we use to measure how users utilise our websites and apps. The tool draws on several cookies to gather data and statistics about our websites and apps, without personally identifying users.
- Third-party cookies placed and managed by Google
- Lifespan: persistent cookies with a maximum lifespan of 2 years
- Cookies: _ga, _gid, _gat
- Other non-anonymous cookies
- Purpose: We use Facebook’s services to place advertisements for Crowne Plaza Antwerpen on other websites. These cookies enable us to do this in a more relevant way and to improve the client experience by displaying appropriate suggestions.
- Third-party cookies placed and managed by Facebook
- Lifespan: persistent cookies with a maximum lifespan of 6 months