Meeting & Events Group Coordinator
Under the direction of the Director of Sales the M&E Coordinator executes the hotel’s M&E / Group strategy respecting the brand identity and maintains a clear communication with the operations team.
To keep the strategic overview on demand, lead time, competitor activities and competitor product developments, this in order to maximize conversion and repeat business.
The M&E Coordinator works pro-actively on the market by prospecting and by key account management on MICE / Group accounts.
- Collaborate with Revenue Management Center on rates & yield decision framework for groups and conferences
- Monitor and determine demand periods for function space / room availability by analyzing historical data, current bookings, denials, regrets, conversion, lead time, source markets, channels
- Lead handling and conversion of M&E / group related files
- Ensure that all meeting and events / group enquiries are handled within a 2 hour time frame
- Uses and maintains standards for profiling / qualifying of all requests
- Visit competitor products yearly
- Support the Hotel Sales team with site inspections, client entertainment, familiarizations and other events that form part of the sales and marketing revenue plan
- Monitor and maximise usage of RFP engines such as Meeting broker, Cvent, Starcite
- Provide creative input into Meetings Product Development (Operations, hardware and branding) to maintain a point of differentiation.
- Moves materialized events / groups back into the sales cycle to drive repeat business
- Key account management of the hotel’s MICE / group accounts
- Prepare the required reports
- Reports to the Director of Sales
- Communication towards sales team
- Communication towards hotel operations
Apply for this position via firstname.lastname@example.org